The ADL has a survey out that can provide you with the answer to the question that every self hating Jew like the ones who read this blog want to know. Are we Anti-Semites? Or are we merely jostling our own, in a similar way that other minority groups do to their own. There are those who say that blacks are more racist than whites, can the same be said about the Jews? I’m not supporting Anti-Semites, but I can understand them quite well. It happens do be that according to the survey I am not an Anti-Semite, but if each of the questions said “Orthodox Jews” instead of “Jews”, I can’t say the ADL would provide the kind of support to me that they did it’s other members.
The survey results were based on a list of 11 questions formulated by the ADL for its first survey. Respondents are asked if they agree with the following list of statements eluding to typical anti-Semitic canards:
1. Jews stick together more than other Americans.
2. Jews always like to be at the head of things.
3. Jews are more loyal to Israel than America.
4. Jews have too much power in the U.S. today.
5. Jews have too much control and in?uence on Wall Street.
6. Jews have too much power in the business world.
7. Jews have a lot of irritating faults.
8. Jews are more willing than others to use shady practices to get what they want.
9. Jewish business people are so shrewd that others don’t have a fair chance at competition.
10. Jews don’t care what happens to anyone but their own kind.
11. Jews are (not) just as honest as other business people.
In 2013, 52% agreed with 0-1 of the statements, meaning they were “essentially free” of anti-Semitic views; 33% agreed with 2-5 of the statements, meaning they were neither prejudiced or unprejudiced; and 12% agreed with 6 or more of the 11 statements.