Internet Asifa tickets for sale on Craigslist and Ebay

As expected the Internet Asifa has been “sold out” and now all those frum scalpers are selling them online check out the ebay ad for them. Someone just sent me this hilarious ad on craigslist, I wonder if there really are box seats that allow women?

Box seats for the Internet Asifa (women allowed) – $613 (Citi Field )

Date: 2012-05-16, 12:17AM EDT
Reply to:tzv7p-3018266735@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]

As you know, this coming Sunday thousands of Jews from all walks of life will gather at Citifield to celebrate the internet. They will talk about ways to make it safer for all Yidden to use and they will be discussing various halachos, chumras and other ideas that will be revolutionary. Unfortunately, women couldn’t be invited because the halachos of internet are mostly mitzvah sh’zman grama and the Satmar Rebbe wouldn’t allow his name to be used if such a large event where Yidden were to be kabalas chizuk would be mixed. Unbeknownst to most of Klal Yosroel, the Satmar Rebbe and Matisyahu Solomon allowed women to attend as long as they were out of view. The only seats out of view are the Box Seats. If you would like your daughters and wives to be part of this amazing event, please do not hesitate to contact me.These box seats are for 6 people and I am selling them at a small discount, unfortunately I will be in Silicon Valley for a meeting and will only be attending via live feed.

• Location: Citi Field
  • it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3018266735

• Lenny May 16, 2012, 12:40 AM

I love the hypocrisy here, we are trying to solve the huge monster internet problem, yet seats for this event are being sold ONLINE (in other words on the internet) and better yet this person who is selling them was supposed to be there but now will be uning the INTERNET to catch the live STREAM of this ASIFA.

Anyhow……

• yossi May 17, 2012, 8:36 PM

Definition of SATIRE
      1: a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
      2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

• ISR May 16, 2012, 3:30 AM

Got to love the Q&A description on the ebay ad. !!

• ISR May 16, 2012, 3:32 AM

In fact I am surprised Heshy didnt include it in the post…very remiss of you Heshy!

• Heshy Fried May 16, 2012, 7:35 PM

I didn’t see it, I’m not too familiar with how Ebay works.

• Sheva May 16, 2012, 4:28 AM

Ohhhh I’d love to go finally my chance, wait darn I’m cHabad and a woman two strikes aginst me , being that both were banded from this amazing and I’m sure insightful event. Maybe I’ll say I’m Satmar

• ari May 17, 2012, 12:09 PM

You may have to show them your shaved head to prove that

• thinking outloud May 16, 2012, 6:33 AM

Do box seats really let you hide your women? And if I can hide my women in there, why can’t I hide more than 6 people…

But that’ all moot

I would have gone,
    but now that they cancelled their technology expo so that the internet asifa is halachically sound for all those who don’t have internet …

it seems like its just going to be a giant Maariv minyan that will be preceeded by “some mezonos” and “divrei hisoriroys”

Maybe they’ll have a live feed to the yom yerushalayim celebrations instead?

• Michael K May 16, 2012, 9:01 AM

Who’s planning on tailgaiting?

• Heshy Fried May 16, 2012, 7:36 PM

I hear some chabadnicks are going to mivtzoyom in the parking lot.

• TheRealJoe May 16, 2012, 9:59 PM

Hay U stole my idea lol

• dovi kahan May 16, 2012, 9:13 AM

There wil be a hook-up asifa at Blue Claws stadium in Lakewood, for women too, in the BMG specially erected tent. No need to purchase tickets.

• Telz Angel May 16, 2012, 9:23 AM

Wait, a craigslist ad without a stockphoto of an asian girl and a massage table? Wow!

• Anonymous May 16, 2012, 1:55 PM
  • klony May 16, 2012, 3:31 PM

What’s with chabad not being invited. I heard they faxed an invite to the ohel, but the Rebbe didn’t respond.Personally, I’m looking forward to doing the M-E-T-S METS METS chant, but using the MOETZIS variant.

• Ben May 16, 2012, 8:41 PM

where is the like button

• Dan May 16, 2012, 5:09 PM

Hesh: You realize it disproves your point? The ebay ticket is up to 124.50 and has 44 bids.
    Sounds pretty sold out to me.

• Heshy Fried May 16, 2012, 7:38 PM

Sold out because every yeshiva in the world was given free tickets to make it look like more people are attending. The entire Lakewood is being bused in.

• Dan May 16, 2012, 8:01 PM

Sure. But this ticket is still up to 124 with 44 bids.

• bratschegirl May 16, 2012, 5:14 PM

I just noticed the $613 price tag. Excellent.

• Jonathan May 16, 2012, 9:30 PM

That ebay auction is a sketch, just check out the ending date. The sale will be final Monday after the asifa, with no ‘buy it now’ option.

• Michael K May 17, 2012, 6:56 AM

And now I heard that the 2013 All Star Game being played at Citifield is scheduled for Tisha B’Av.

Not kidding!

Antisemitin!

• David May 17, 2012, 12:11 PM

wtf?

• Alter Cocker May 17, 2012, 8:47 PM

“These box seats are for 6 people and I am selling them at a small discount, unfortunately I will be in Silicon Valley for a meeting and will only be attending via live feed.”

lol