I miss being judged negatively when I walk into shul

I can’t remember the last time someone said “why aren’t you wearing a suit” or “you’re open minded because you’re wearing a blue shirt” but I truly miss it.

• Telz Angel May 1, 2012, 9:48 PM

TABLES — I love tables in a shul. There are a few table shuls in Staten Island — and these are the places just like you describe, where people look you over if you are not from there and wonder — who’s relative are you? why the blue shirt? and can I hit you up for some money for my kollel?

I hope there are tables in Gan Eden.

• Telz Angel May 1, 2012, 9:51 PM

…and comfy chair — and most importantly, a column in middle of the room, so you can sit in that perfect spot and sleep during the drusha without the ruv noticing. Or you could put a stack of seforim on the table in front of you.

• Heshy Fried May 1, 2012, 11:34 PM

In yeshiva I would stack seforim to get away with sleeping in shachris

• Anonymous May 2, 2012, 12:01 AM

and a coffee room

• Critic May 2, 2012, 12:48 AM

Heshy. Your’e actually a former student at MDS? I now know why you look so familiar. Do you remember all your rabeyim there? I to was once part of the MDS family for many, many years but not as a student.I was part of the Jewish studies faculty.Can’t reveal my true identity on a public forum because it might incriminate me.Sent you an email that reveals the true me.

• Heshy Fried May 2, 2012, 8:09 AM

I had Rabbi Zimberg and Rabbi Klein I also remember Morah Rebecca, but that’s about it – it was many years ago and I went to 4 different elementary schools and was thrown out after the 7th grade. The weekly devar torah guy dale, is also a former talmud of yeshivas ohr torah.

• OfftheDwannaB May 2, 2012, 8:01 AM

Are you my mothers uncles… Lol so true. Within 3 seconds of meeting him, you’re getting grilled on things you don’t tell your mother. “Youre getting chemo now? Whos your doctor? You should go to this guy I talk to on the train sometimes. Where did your doctor go to school? You dont even know? Go see my guy, I’ll get his number. Dont be an idiot. How many times do you masturbate? 3? 4? Here, you should use some of this hand cream. Whats your cell phone number? Do you pee your bed? What’s that? No, you look like a guy I knew who pees his bed. I’m saying, its probably why your not married already.”

• David May 2, 2012, 9:01 AM

Are you out of your mind. Does nothing make you happy anymore?

• A. Nuran May 2, 2012, 5:12 PM

He’s going to be married in a month. He’s very happy about that.