Uncle Moishy Pizza: Good source of Omega 3

Thank you Dale for sending me this picture, but what I find more ironic than using one of the best Jewish artists (I’m personally a bigger fan of Marvelous Middos Machine – but I understand the love for Uncle Moishy) to sell pizza is the way they try to pass it off as a good choice by dumping some source of Omega 3 fatty acids in there to make it seem healthy. I couldn’t think of something much worse for you than pizza, well, maybe cracklins or pork rinds.

Search for more kosher pizza on 4torah.com

• Rochel September 18, 2011, 8:56 PM

LOL

• Leib Tropper September 18, 2011, 9:04 PM

Nu? Is it any good?

• danielGA September 18, 2011, 9:09 PM

dude— pizza is fine for you— cheese and veggies and bread, no meat. just don’t eat too much and make sure it’s made well. mozzarella cheese, for example, is one of the best cheeses to eat because of its lower fat levels than, say, american cheese. i’m guessing most of the calories come from the bread, so get thin crust, or crust made from whole wheat flour, which sounds terrible but is actually very good— mellow mushroom uses whole wheat flour in their pizza dough.

• Bubba Metzia September 18, 2011, 9:17 PM

I remember that song from when I was little.

Uncle Moishy – Pizza Song

• Bubba Metzia September 18, 2011, 9:25 PM

Pizza’s totally healthy. What’s wrong with pizza? It’s not even fried.

• DRosenbach September 18, 2011, 9:32 PM

While I sent the picture to Heshy, photo credits go to Ira Truehaft.

• ghottistyx September 18, 2011, 11:08 PM

Two things every Jewish kid loves: Uncle Moishy (wow, you mean the famous Uncle Moishy who sings and teaches Jewish boys and girls all about Torah and Mitzvos?) and Pizza (diddle dee!)

• ghottistyx September 18, 2011, 11:08 PM

That’s two things every Jewish kid loves: Uncle Moishy (wow, you mean the famous Uncle Moishy who sings and teaches Jewish boys and girls all about Torah and Mitzvos?) and Pizza (diddle dee!)

• A. Nuran September 18, 2011, 11:24 PM

Depends what’s on it. If you used the over-salted, HFCS-laden sauce and lots of salty fatty crap for toppings it’s bad for you. If you use a decent home-made sauce and reasonably healthy toppings and partially skim mozarella there’s nothing wrong with it.

I’m guessing that’s not the case with Uncle Moishy’s.

• Batsheva September 19, 2011, 3:20 AM

Exactly. I think someone needs to post a pic of the ingredients label on this product before we make up our minds about it. Sadly, I’ve never seen it before. If you want kosher pizza where I live, you have to make it yourself. From scratch. When I make pizza it’s loaded with fresh organic veggies in homemade sauce, with part-skim mozzarella and a whole wheat crust. About as healthy a meal as you can get.

• I like kugel September 18, 2011, 11:40 PM

This is really healthy. I sustain my 18 children with this.

• Hannah September 19, 2011, 4:58 AM

I’m sorry: I realize maybe you can ADD veggies to that pizza, but that picture does NOT look healthy. I’m with Batchi up there; I make my own pizza if I want it healthy.

• Frozen Chosen September 19, 2011, 5:36 AM

This Uncle Moishy brand makes chewable kids vitamins, I laughed when I saw them.

• Lirehagi September 19, 2011, 7:08 PM

I know the kid who owns the Uncle Moishy brand. She can’t stand Uncle Moishy OR the vitamins!

• Seriously?? September 19, 2011, 9:07 PM

Most edible food is healthy – in moderation. Even pure cholesterol is a necessary brain food for kids.

• danny September 20, 2011, 1:30 AM

“…maybe cracklins or pork rinds.”

That’s repetitive and redundant.