Let me explain

You may have noticed that I didn’t blog much last week and anything that I happened to write was taken down, this was because the server I was on went down. My web guy has taken care of it thank God and hopefully I can get some of those posts back, unfortunately many comments from the posts before it including the Yarmulke in Public post were lost and as of now I have no idea if they will be back. Someone told me that their theory was that Mendy and Heidi supporters had hacked into my server to take me down, but Mendy and Heidi didn’t seem to sophisticated, especially after the Georgi cover up advertisement video – I feel even less remorse for their stupidity, though I doubt they hacked into my server and took down the dozens of sites on the server as well. With that said, it’s time to blog again with renewed vigor.

I should mention that I’m pretty impressed that even though my site was acting crazy last week and there were no blog posts, I still had over 2,000 unique visitors a day during the week.

• Batya December 19, 2010, 4:59 AM

It’s like a story from Kohelet, norishkeit. cyberworld…

• Anonymous December 19, 2010, 5:57 AM

most of those hits were from me. im obesessed. never stop!

• Heshy Fried December 19, 2010, 6:01 AM

Well actually unique visitor means that those were individual people – I had many more views than those 2,000 a day.

• Abraham Vegh December 19, 2010, 7:15 AM

Nice conspiracy theory, but nobody hacked anything. There was an honest mistake made while attempting to upgrade some software on the server, and it went horribly wrong. Thankfully, that is now behind us, and steps have been taken to ensure this never happens again.

(Or, so help me G-d, heads that have already rolled will roll quite a bit further.)

• OfftheDwannaB December 19, 2010, 8:52 AM

I can’t understand why you’re hosting it locally at all. And without a backup? You’re asking for trouble.

• Abraham Vegh December 19, 2010, 8:57 AM

What do you mean, “locally”? The site is hosted on a server located in a data center at a reputable multi-national hosting company.

Also, there are several backups.

• Eddy December 19, 2010, 8:16 AM

Could it have been the wikileaks supporters? Have you written anything about them lately?

• A. Nuran December 19, 2010, 10:01 AM

“Anonymous” would have done a much more thorough, professional job.

• Anonymous December 19, 2010, 2:05 PM

Haha, I’ve never heard “Anonymous” described as professional before. Usually they do nothing more than DDOS attacks which just crash the site for a while and don’t do much damage other than that and increasing the bandwidth bill.