Do you enjoy Goyuerism?

I gotta hand it to my friend Jonathan for coming up with Goyeurism.The joy that some Jews get out of watching the goyim do things that Jews just don’t do, in this case it was eating ribs and drinking beer while watching a Pink Floyd cover band. Or this may even be a better term for those Chassidim who can’t seem to stop staring at non-Jews or people who don’t look Chassidish.

• Dr. Shrink December 9, 2010, 10:58 PM

I am guilty of staring too- so call me a name…how bout Titty-rism. I don’t hate on the hassy’s for starin. Come on now, we r all guilty in some ways.

• Rohr December 19, 2010, 1:23 PM

You are right. It is 100% human to be curious, and even appreciative of something different. Without curiosity and appreciation we would be expendable robots just like the Nazis (not all Germans) wanted. All things happen for a reason (even if a good reason is beyond our realm of current comprehension) and are made in the image of G-d. Thus, men, women, heteros, homos, blacks, whites, Jew and gentile and everything / everyone in between, are made of and in aspects of [His] being. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:12] Not a Christian here, but this is a GREAT teaching – no matter who it is from.

• Witness December 18, 2012, 12:22 AM

“no matter who it is from”- See Leviticus 19:18. A little earlier than Jesus, I think.

• Mendi & Heidi December 9, 2010, 11:02 PM

Maybe the kid in the pic wants to know if the guy is wearing a $3000 ‘Georgie’

• Mahla December 10, 2010, 8:50 AM

LOL! ;^D

• Chaviva December 9, 2010, 11:02 PM

Is that one of Ken’s comics?

• Ell December 9, 2010, 11:28 PM

or people kissing in public. or doing more.

• jonathan December 9, 2010, 11:33 PM

Your friend is a genius! Goyeurism. I almost fell off my chair laughing. Who is this guy Jonathan and how come I don’t have friends like that?

• jonathan December 9, 2010, 11:46 PM

That’s me!

• OfftheDwannaB December 10, 2010, 12:30 AM

One of your multiple personalities is hilarious. That word is genius.

• ben k December 19, 2012, 9:44 AM

Thats my dad 🙂

• Radical Centrist December 10, 2010, 12:19 AM

Say what you will about the goys. Eggnog is delicious.

• Heshy Fried December 10, 2010, 1:25 AM

and mostly kosher

• A. Nuran December 10, 2010, 2:16 AM

What’s not kosher about eggnog assuming all the ingredients are kosher?

Milk – dairy
        Eggs – pareve under normal conditions (not found in the chicken, no blood, etc)
        Cream – dairy
        Booze – pareve
        Spices – pareve
        Citrus Peel – pareve

Is there something I’m missing here?

• Geoff December 10, 2010, 7:49 AM

Citrus peel? Interesting. I assume it would be possible for commercially made eggnog to have some sort of non-kosher gelatin stabilizer thingy like some half-and-half allegedly does. For the most part I think people are just reacting to the connection between eggnog and non-Jewish holidays (chukas goyim)?

Mmmmmmmmm…eggnog…

• Heshy Fried December 10, 2010, 9:33 AM

Nah they probably use Lecithin or pectin or careenegen or something like that.

• A. Nuran December 10, 2010, 3:28 PM

I haven’t had commercially-made eggnog in over a decade. Make my own from those ingredients every year. It doesn’t need any stabilizers. If it did, I’d use all-vegetable lecithin. It’s cheaper and better than the crud-in-a-carton and never lasts long enough to separate or go bad.

• A. Nuran December 10, 2010, 3:33 PM

Eggnog is just the last and least of a huge tradition of milk-based and egg-based alcoholic beverages. Hardly anyone drinks bishop or hippocras or caudle or athelbros or the rest these days. They’re still great. They just aren’t popular at the moment.

It’s like fruit and meat. There are hundreds of wonderful recipes that combine them – chicken with preserved sweet lemons, lamb with apricots (best in the world), beef stewed with plums. Ask a thousand people, 999 will only remember the swine ‘n pine pizza.

• Chris_B December 16, 2010, 1:32 AM

Apples are also very good to cook with beef

• Daniel December 10, 2010, 10:17 AM

Not at all. It can be kosher. But, would need a hechsher.

• Anonymous December 10, 2010, 12:56 PM

you can buy kosher eggnogg. Go to your local LCBO – and buy what’s called Advocaat. It’s actually parve and it’s delicious!

• Daniel December 10, 2010, 1:46 PM

I’ve had that.

• Anonymous December 10, 2010, 12:57 PM

you can buy kosher egg nogg. It’s called Advocaat. You can buy it at you local LCBO (most carry it). It’s made in Holland and doesn’t have a hechsher on the bottle, but it is on ‘the list’ in England. It’s actually parve and it’s delicious!

• Spammeister Fullerene December 10, 2010, 4:07 AM

Sales are pliki impressive to every problem since they remedy to manufacture the receipts for the company. Every have relation focuses on sales and verdict ways to reintroduce into being more and more sales after their business. Sales software is positively sinister to companies and can better in the period of revenue. Sales software can purloin employees to put their sales methods in ways that leads to more sales with a seascape the company. You can reflect on profuse kinds of sales software on the barter that are unimaginative, but Witch sales software stands exposed all of a add up to mediocrity give up influence download in sales software.

• BigPhil December 10, 2010, 5:20 AM

I was so guilty of goyeurism in Disney World this summer as I stared at people chomping on those rancid looking turkey legs.

If it was kosher, I’d clearly be doing too, but it being treif allowed me to take the moral high ground.

• Daniel December 10, 2010, 10:19 AM

Turkey legs are awful. You think it’s going to be a Flinstones moment, but they have these big tendons running through.

I don’t know why G-d made turkeys with legs.

• hebrewgirl December 10, 2010, 11:44 AM

So they could cross the road, just like all of us who walk on land.

• Abijah December 10, 2010, 6:58 AM

Do you think people would pay to watch me eat a ham and cheese sandwich?

• Tirtza December 10, 2010, 12:12 PM

Better chance of getting something like Aish to sponsor you not to eat the sandwich.

• Tirtza December 10, 2010, 12:20 PM

I am guilty of this from just this week. I went with a friend to a concert of a not-so-kosher performer in what turned out to be a very not-kosher setting. I spent more time staring at the clothing and behavior of the people around us then at the concert. My friend kept nudging me and reminding me “If you can see them, they can see you, stop staring!” It was hard to look away! And unfortunately most of the people I was staring at were probably Yids behaving like goyim. It was sad, I think that will be my last safe-treif concert.

• Catholic Mom December 10, 2010, 1:04 PM

If they were “yids” then by definition they were behaving like “yids.” Unless they were under gunpoint at the time.

You know, when I was a kid my mother told me that thing about the Jews is that they’re obsessed with money and sex. I believed her, so I married one. Then I find out too late that racist stereotypes are not all true! 🙂

• Rohr December 19, 2010, 1:07 PM

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

• Yoreh K'chetz (aka Phil) December 10, 2010, 2:11 PM

I may have been guilty of goyeurism staring at untznius shiksas a few times (or perhaps more). Or is that voyeurism?

• CCMSM December 12, 2010, 1:07 AM

is staring at all the pretty christmas lights an example of Goyuerism?

• dassi December 18, 2012, 7:13 AM

i am orthodox (a bit off the derech) and have dreadlocks. i get stared at by the yids and the goyim. what do you call that- LOL! and please- if you comment, don’t be mean to me.