Vos Iz Neias comment of the day

haredi riotsVos Iz Neias doesn’t just report news, they allow many of us a glimpse into the minds of Charedim, or the minds of those who read and comment on the site. The comments on Vos Iz Neias make my site sound like a bastion of liberal academia and I hope to bring you the Vos Iz Neias comment of the day when applicable – if you would like to email me your own finds on Vos Iz Neias, please do and I will post them.

In response to an article about secular Israelis lighting tires on fire to protest a religious school being built in their town.

“We are right here. This kind of behavior from the secular community is even more disgusting then when its from the chareidim. At least the chareidi can say that their bochurim have no knowledge of what is considered civilized behavior so they can behave like chayos. The secular should know better.”

If you find a good comment on Vos Iz Neias – email it with a link to the story it’s from to frumsatire@gmail.com

• Itamar Kestenbaum October 20, 2009, 10:44 AM

OMG – this one was great!!!

• thanks for spreading more sinas chinum, motzi shaim rah, lashon harah... October 20, 2009, 10:52 AM

…The list goes on and on.

Keep up the great work, *******!

• Heshy Fried October 20, 2009, 11:14 AM

Maybe you can grant me my wish to be put in cherem?

You do realize that Vos Iz Neias is guilty far more than I am – what withtheir millions of hits and hateful comments all day long – I am merely laughing at their stupidity

• Tox October 20, 2009, 10:53 AM

I don’t think that’s fair. The secular and religious have this in common: in both groups, some are civilized, some are barbarians

• n October 20, 2009, 11:01 AM

hahahaaaaaaaa

• G*3 October 20, 2009, 11:10 AM

Reminds me of the muusar shmuzen we would get in school about how frum Jews needed to set an example for everyone else. Apperantly that responsibility has now passed to secular Jews.

Good to know who to look to for examples of civilized behavior.

• Frayda October 20, 2009, 11:33 AM

This is a great idea, Heshy! It will also get you a lot more hate mail

• The Law October 20, 2009, 11:42 AM

Commenter #2 is an idiot….

• Tova October 20, 2009, 2:10 PM

Hesh, this is golden.

• Ariella October 20, 2009, 2:47 PM

Go for it Heshy. I read VIN, not for actual news, but for the sure to be interesting and poorly spelled commentary. Anyone else do this? Do the commenters have any idea how awful they look to any outsider readers?

• Tova October 20, 2009, 2:59 PM

“Anyone else do this? Do the commenters have any idea how awful they look to any outsider readers?”

Oh, without question. I can get the same articles from standard news sites, so I just read VIN and YWN for the comments/discussions/raging arguments.

And yes, they look bad to “the outside world”.

• M October 20, 2009, 7:00 PM

The best part about the VIN comments is that they give the reader a real insight into the lack of basic literary skills to be found in the frum, especially Haredi communities today.

To watch inarticulate, often illiterate charlatans desperately trying to structure a sentence about subject matter they know little to nothing about, is amusing to say the least.

• Heshy Fried October 20, 2009, 10:53 PM

Their spelling and grammar skills make me look like an academic

• Levy Bernstein October 21, 2009, 1:32 PM

subject matter they know little to nothing about

subject matter about which they know little to nothing

Fixed it for you 😛

• GailSNail October 21, 2009, 7:55 AM

Funny- and a great idea! I’m impressed that the commenter was actually able to state his argument in decently written English. I could only spot one grammatical/spelling error (then/than). Perhaps it’s funnier because he is able to make clear what he feels is a logical argument, but I always love the comments that are in poorly spelled Yinglish.

• Heshy Fried October 21, 2009, 12:19 PM

If I hadn’t just been sitting on a couch at a buddies house watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia – your name wouldn’t have meant anything

• GailSNail October 21, 2009, 1:27 PM

total coincidence. I’ve never watched the show. . . .seriously

• FarFrumIt October 21, 2009, 8:42 AM

Ha!!! I often go onto VIN and try to post the most instigative/provocative comments possible (as long as they get by the editors). There’s a good chance one of mine would end up on this post…
    I’m sure most people know this, but many of the VIN comments (the one above probably included) are written in mock seriousness just to pull people’s strings.

• jimmy37 October 23, 2009, 10:21 AM