Frum Satire makes a shidduch

I went to a LChaim (engagement party) in Crown Heights last night that was a first for me, not because I went in Drag but this because the two people who got engaged met due to some comments on the Frum Satire blog. How come I didnt know of this prior to the engagement is beyond me, but I feel cool.

On a side note, when I got there – there was a heated debate going on about when to cash your wedding checks. It was up for debate whether to cash them all at once or wait a few months, I say cash em in before you forget about em.

The two people getting married are both bloggers who met due to this post on how I felt proud to be an orthodox Jew while at a Matisyahu show in Baltimore. I guess Shevers and Nemo were having it out and through that she found TRS (The Real Shliach) through some linking action.

TRS and Shevers flirted through comments and then eventually forged some sort of Blogger affair, well I dont really know this, but you can check out each of their blogs for the scoop on the story.

I went to the LChaim last night and filmed a video for proof that I am not lying to you, because this story sounds too good to be true, and will have the video up soon.

I actually wanted to make a singles event, blogger meet up or some kind of frum satire event for a long time but I just dont have the patience. Maybe this event will give me chizuk. Apparently there were a bunch of bloggers on the ladies side, but I was not introduced, although judging by the amount of cutties, I wish I was.

May you build a bayis neeman byisroel and all that otherfrummy stuff they say at engagement parties.

• Schwartzie May 28, 2009, 11:24 AM

Why are you interested in being introduced to the cuties? You would be oiver on the takanah of Rabeinu Gershom because you are already married to your blog.

Also, Hashem loves you very much and that’s why he gave you a present. Baruch she’noisen toirah le’amo yisrael! Ahay, ay, yoy yoy yoy, lai tiddy nai nai bim bum biddy bim, shabbos koidesh!

• Susanne May 28, 2009, 11:26 AM

Mazel Tov Hesh! Tizku L’Mitzvos!

• Susan Kishner May 28, 2009, 11:28 AM

I found your site on Google and read a few of your other entires. Nice Stuff. I’m looking forward to reading more from you.

• Mark May 28, 2009, 11:59 AM

What kind of stupid debate is this? You deposit the checks in the bank the morning after the wedding. That’s what my wife and I did with the few checks we received, and that’s what we thought everyone does. Who keeps checks around and the potential danger of losing them?

• Frum Satire May 28, 2009, 12:00 PM

Maybe now I can get paid

• Phil May 28, 2009, 12:08 PM

TRS and Shevers met without an official shadchan? Oy vay! No wonder we haven’t heard from either of them for a while…

Just kidding, I think it’s super cool. Your “evil ways” have actually produced a shidduch, now you can stick it to all those negative posters that claim you’re going to burn in hell. Just ask them how many shidduchim they are responsible for, which btw, is supposed to be one of the questions they ask before letting you in to gan eden.

You should run this post by Matisyahu, maybe he’ll perform at the wedding.

Mazel Tov!

• Phil May 28, 2009, 12:10 PM

PS,

Hesh if you were the guest of honor you definitely should have been introduced to the hot lubab babes. Make sure you get it straight if you attend the wedding.

• TRS May 28, 2009, 12:18 PM

thanks for coming hesh!

• shevers May 28, 2009, 12:30 PM

Yeah thanks for coming!

To note, our first comment exchange was about the Mumbai memorials… not such a flirtatious topic if you ask me…

• realandwright May 28, 2009, 1:17 PM

where’s the picture of us?

• Mark May 28, 2009, 2:51 PM

Mazal Tov to TRS and shevers!!!! I also left a mazal tov message on your blog.

And Mazal Tov to Heshy on his first shidduch, 2 more and you’re in 🙂

• Anonymous May 28, 2009, 3:49 PM

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

• C May 28, 2009, 3:56 PM

Mazal tov!

Must feel good…

I was slightly disappointed to have missed you and your video, but I did get to hear all about it :).

Looking forward to seeing it…

• joe May 28, 2009, 3:58 PM

yo mazal tov trs from the wacko who sits near you at night sader sorry i could’nt make it if i would have knowen such big celebs would be there i would have gone

• sarabonne May 28, 2009, 4:32 PM

It was quite the event.

• Anonymous May 28, 2009, 5:59 PM

Mazel Tov TRS and Shevers!!!

• Sarah May 29, 2009, 5:38 AM

mazal tov!!! that’s exciting

so…hesh…when are you going to hook the rest of us up? :-p

• Jacob da Jew May 30, 2009, 9:35 PM

Yo Hesh, did they send any shadchanus money your way?

• e (The guy with the green/blue shirt, who refused to become your facebook friend) May 30, 2009, 11:26 PM

If you would have waited, you could have met the female bloggers. There was just a wee bit of ta’aruvos later in the evening.

• e (The guy with the green/blue shirt, who refused to become your facebook friend) May 30, 2009, 11:27 PM

All of you who think that TRS and shevers are degenerate pritzusniks, the ta’aruvos was really wee. It included only me. And it lasted like 2 minutes. Yes, TRS and Shevers are principled and had a real kosher mechitza.

• s(b.) May 31, 2009, 1:26 AM

Mazal tov!

• e (The guy with the green/blue shirt, who refused to become your facebook friend) May 31, 2009, 1:30 AM

s(b), you used to comment on TRS, what happend?

• s(b.) May 31, 2009, 2:50 AM

he got a girlfriend? 😆 jk. I still pop over there, once in a while. I broke my leg last fall and I wasn’t in front of the computer too much for a few months. Getting back into the jblogs, but don’t want to take away time from PT or the job hunt. Where’s Nemo, these days? I haven’t seen a comment from him in a while, either.

• cheerio May 31, 2009, 3:02 AM

we should definitely have a blogger event… altho if TRS/LE7 get married here, perhaps we can just co opt their wedding!

• cash your checks May 31, 2009, 8:10 AM

I have given checks as gifts to couples that remained uncashed for a long time. Besides screwing up my bank balance, in two cases the couples never cashed the checks. I even contacted them to remind them, and assured them that if they lost the checks, no problem, I’d put a “stop check” on them and reissue them new checks, but they never did anything about it. Go figure. And in one case especially, I know they could’ve really used the money.

• Mark May 31, 2009, 12:37 PM

Once in the 80’s, I gave a donation by check to some tzedaka. They never cashed it and I forgot about it. Then about 6 months later, I closed that account and opened a new one at a more convenient bank. A few months after that, the tzedaka mailed me the check and asked me to replace it. After I realized that I spent a few hours in vain trying to balance the checking account when I closed it BECAUSE OF THEM, I basically told them to screw off (i.e. I ignored them and put them on my “do not donate” list).

• Joy May 31, 2009, 7:39 PM

MAzel Tov Hesh my you continue to make many more-Thanks for helping to end the Shidduch Crisis!

• Humanities Girl May 31, 2009, 10:17 PM

Ohmygosh, Hesh! I know who the girl is – I know her from Milwaukee! Wow, what are the odds…

• shevers May 31, 2009, 11:44 PM

Hey I remember you!

• kissmei'mshomer June 1, 2009, 10:51 AM

Mazel tov!!

I remember once my mother saw that a check was cashed the day after the wedding and she said that it wasn’t classy because it made you look desperate for cash. My mo m’s a bit of a snob, in case you can’t tell.
    Personally I get pretty pissed (ooh alliterative sentence) at those people who seem to know exactly when I’m about to become overdrawn and cash my check just then.

• Ari June 1, 2009, 1:12 PM

There was a mechitza at a l’chaim?

• chosid June 1, 2009, 1:37 PM

I read on ynet that that the standard shadchan rate is $1300 in E”Y for working bochurim. Who should they make that payable to? : )

• lisanoor June 1, 2009, 11:02 PM

This is the coolest!!! Mazel Tov to all !!! Be well and prosper. /and cash the checks IMMEDIATELY

• C June 2, 2009, 4:45 PM

Still waiting for the video…

• e June 2, 2009, 6:06 PM

same here!!

• where's the video? June 5, 2009, 12:11 AM

where’s the video, hesh?

• shvartzuveisser January 16, 2010, 12:51 AM

i see no reason to not cash a check. i have not balanced my checkbook in a year but when i do i sure hate tracking down which checks werent cashed yet. its usually a birthday present to someones kid – now they may be saving it until they get a bank account or something..

• Batya June 25, 2011, 1:36 PM

Heshy, maybe you ought to comment on more blogs to meet your match!