What is the most expensive date you ever went on?

Anyone who knows me by now must realize that I am not a man of luxury, nor am I man of great wealth and so I do not go on expensive dates. I have been on several dates that cost over $100 but they were with girls I really cared for and have dated a while. Expensive first dates are uncalled for, and in my opinion there is no excuse. You could imagine my horror when I learned that my roommate went on a first date that cost him over $400, and the mussar I gave him for being such a dope.

I got all the details from my roommate, including permission to write about this.

He had never met this girl before, but already he was seeing stars after spending close to 6 months on the phone with her, already a bad idea in my opinion, getting too into each other on the phone creates all sorts of complications. For instance what if you spend hours on the phone before you even know what she looks like and after receiving a picture you are completely appalled by her looks? Can you just reject the person based on the picture alone? How do you tell someone that they remind you of pigs rolling around in mud and manure?

He had started talking to her in July and didnt meet her until Chanukah time. They planed on having a nice evening date, he planned on picking her up in Brooklyn and then going to a nice steakhouse and seeing a show of some sort already a pricey date and not something that I nor many people would do on a first date. My yeshivish friends rarely go on food dates prior to engagement at all but that is mostly because they do not know how to eat with a knife and fork and have no idea how to use a napkin. In fact part of what they should teach in chosson classes is how to eat like a mentch.

She said over the phone that they should make a day out of it, and he readily agreed. He picked her up in the morning and went to get some bagels with her she didnt want to be seen dating so he had to get the bagels and bring them back to her, she ordered a tuna bagel, the most expensive item on the list. Then as if bagels were not enough they went to starbucks and she ordered one of those expensive drinks that no one bothers to check the hechsher on.

Then they walked up and down park avenue, but boredom set in and he wanted to please her with his endless bankroll that you receive from being a public school teacher and he took her to the top of the rock to take pictures. $20 each mind you and they werent even up to the main parts of the date. Already he had spent a total of $67 not including subway travel and time it took to ride the train from Washington Heights to Brooklyn.

Then after all that, my roommate was in love and lost his motor skills, since the date was reorganized he was not able to take her back to Brooklyn and go to a modest restaurant, with the help of her requests she was whisked off to Prime Grill where he proceeded to drop down $230 on the meal. Add this to the $67 already spent and the flight from Dallas and you have a week vacation in the Bahamas.

Then the date should have been over, a nice walk in the park to take off all the extra weight, maybe a walk across the bridge? Nope, there was more to come, two tickets to Cirque Du Soleil at Madison Square Garden, a price tag of $60 each. Going to see a show on a first date is similar to seeing a movie on a first date, its simply not done, its a way for the person to get away with not talking to you for several hours, brilliant on her part.

After the show they went to catch the subway, her metro card had run out so she used his unlimited without realizing that he couldnt get on right after her. There was no metro card machine or teller with which to get on the train with her, so heartbroken he stood there and said goodbye through the plexiglass like a lover visiting her man in prison.

He ran upstairs to try and get a metrocard somewhere else and when he came back his spirits were raised as he saw she had left the station to say goodbye in style. They got their metro cards and then boarded the train back to Brooklyn. On the train she told him that she was not interested, citing the Romeo and Juliet line of being from different worlds.

I would have promptly called her out on taking all of my money, but my roommate is too nice to do that so he just sat there glumly. I dont think he calculated all the phone time, travel time and $427 spent not including the subways and plain flights and time traveling in order to basically be told that he had just been conned by a gold digger. I would have demanded some money at this point, well I wouldnt have, because no woman could get me to spend that kind of money on her unless we were married, or unless she agreed to go backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail with me in which case I would pay for her gear.

Maybe I am being too harsh, maybe she really didnt realize until eating that $230 meal that they werent for each other. I dont know, but my theories were proven correct when she called him back several weeks later and they agreed on another date, very dumb decision in my opinion, in which she requested to be taken to another fancy restaurant instead of just doing something normal.

What do you think?

And what was the most you ever spent or someone ever spent on you for a date?

• zalmy February 8, 2009, 2:15 PM

at least he didnt cab it!!!

i dropped 200$ on a first date twice… but it was more about the food for me lol 🙂

but this is absurd… women have it so easy! they get picked up, wined and dined, and dropped off at their doorstep…if i were a girl id try and date every night of the week! why not!?

• abandoning eden February 8, 2009, 2:20 PM

I met this guy at a party right after breaking up with my ex fiance…he asked me out and took me to a very very fancy resturuant (and he insisted we order dessert too) and then to bowling at chelsea piers…all together he spent about $200 I think. I felt really guilty about turning him down for a second date, but he was divorced and had a 6 year old daughter, and I was 21 and soo not ready to be dating a 30 year old guy with a kid.

• Frum Satire February 8, 2009, 2:24 PM

If I had the ability to lie and keep a straight face I would dress up as a girl go on frumster and get some free food.

Then again I would be a pretty tall and nasty looking girl.

• G*3 February 8, 2009, 2:30 PM

Poor guy. Like they say, love makes you do strange (and stupid) things.

• Michal bas Avraham February 8, 2009, 2:31 PM

Haha, she’s a TOTAL TOTAL GOLD DIGGER!

I have friends who ask me why didn’t the guy send me home in a cab and all that stuff. I’m a simple girl. I’m happy with a slice or a burger and fries. (Obviously not in the same night).

• Chaviva February 8, 2009, 2:42 PM

Firstly, I can say I’d never do that … if I’m not interested in the guy, I’d definitely not let him drop that kind of dough on me — free or not. But I don’t get it. If she says they’re from different worlds, what ARE these worlds? Did she think he was too fancy with his flagrant cash floating around? Or is SHE the one from a cash-filled family? Or is it not about the cash?

I’m confused.

• Tuvia February 8, 2009, 2:46 PM

WOW $400 is pretty crazy. I have dropped about 100 bucks on may 3-4 dates before, and $200 on 1, but all of them have been with long term relationships. I could never imagine more than $50 on a first date. If the girl isn’t interested in dating you unless you take her out for a very expensive first date, than I am not really interested in her.

• prili February 8, 2009, 2:50 PM

WTF??? Does she not feel uncomfortable with someone spending ridiculous amounts of money on her? Im uncomfortable when someone buys me an expensive birthday present- How did she have the guts to be so cruel

• lp February 8, 2009, 2:53 PM

That was a bit much for a first date. As a woman I would never expect or be comfortable having a guy spend that much $$ & then turn around and say that I’m not interested.

• Tuvia February 8, 2009, 2:53 PM

Exactly prili, the people who would want you to spend that kind of money on them, during a first date don’t care about how uncomfortable the situation is. They care only about the nice free dinner, and then you will never hear from them again.

• Talmudist February 8, 2009, 3:26 PM

I can sometimes be a little El Cheapo (yet, I hope, tasteful) on first dates. A couple months ago I took a girl out to a beautiful arboretum, and we walked for awhile amongst the beautiful foliage. Total cost (ALL things considered) was quite negligible. So, you can go out with a girl, and treat her to a cruddy night out that happens to be expensive or vise-versa. Guess it’s not ALWAYS about the $.

• chanief February 8, 2009, 3:40 PM

She sounds like a true gold digger. I don’t know how she could comfortably accept him spending that kind of cash when she probably knew she wasn’t interested from the first few moments.

Good thing he realizes he is better off without her.

• SD February 8, 2009, 3:57 PM

He was a fool to spend so much $ on her. The bagel and drink are one thing , but then to spend on a show that was above and beyond.

Addtionally, if he’s from out of town, he might not have any idea how much a dinner at Prime Grill would cost. Shame on the gal for suggesting that especially if she’s not into him. If she wants dinner and he didn’ t know of a place she should have suggested someplace of more modest $$.

• shevers February 8, 2009, 3:58 PM

That’s sick. I wouldn’t even let me husband spend that much. (My hypothetical one that is).

• Veebee February 8, 2009, 4:03 PM

Someone drop her dox please.

• Anonymous February 8, 2009, 4:24 PM

Wow! That’s just too much money. I don’t know how women like that can seriously use men like that and not just hate themselves. However, at least she got off the train to tell him in person she didn’t like him…she very well could’ve just kept on going where she was going and said it over on the phone….but the calling up for another go round on her part in just pathetic! And as I say this as a woman.

• SF2K1 February 8, 2009, 4:42 PM

I think the most I’ve ever spent on a girl was $40 (it wasn’t a first date, that’s a free walk in the park or something), and that was for 2 20$ tickets to COSI (Center Of Science and Industry), and that’s a full day of fun (If you’ve been there, you know it’s awesome and not in the geeky way).

It’s not about being “El-Cheapo”, really. It’s about the fact that I’m not going to drop remotely serious cash on people I don’t know and am not really involved with.

Other than that, the other story I have is how I spent a lot of money for the chance to meet a Girl in Israel, but I was going there for Yeshiva anyway and the trip was partially subsidized by the federation and kollel, etc, so idk if that entirely counts.

In the normal course of events, I’m the kind of person who’s very straightforward so if someone was going to give me a run for a $400 date it’s not gonna happen and I’d just tell them off for trying to take advantage. Some people do it because they’re full of themselves and not afraid to try to. These kinds of people (who you run into plenty at college parties, and especially if you bartend) are usually spoiled rotten so they feel like they deserve special treatment. I’ve had the opportunity to put a few of those kinds of people in their place, and they often don’t have much more to their personality than their looks which they’ve been relying on for so long they don’t get it when someone isn’t buying the act.

• m00kie February 8, 2009, 4:44 PM

i think it`s sick, i honestly dont get girls like that…
    then again, i think guys secretely like girls like that – its part of the chase, the challenge. i think it makes guys feel good that they can provide for a girl with such high `standards`. it seems to boost their ego…

• klem February 8, 2009, 5:01 PM

in todays economy you shouldnt be required to spend more than 30 on a first. i mean after all you only wanna know if its someone you can see urself maybe marryin, right. so i dont think it takes more than 30 to figure that out. do something CHEAP.

• Former Teacher February 8, 2009, 6:50 PM

I’m dating. I never object when a guy wants to take me to a hotel lounge.

However, I get really mad when he doesn’t offer to buy me a drink. Bottled water costs $3, not too bad.

Maybe he is lying about his employment?

• Mark February 8, 2009, 7:10 PM

When I was younger and immature, I would sometimes spend quite a bit on first dates back when I still lived in NYC. Just driving into the city and parking cost about $30 (lots of tolls coming from Staten Island plus $20 or so for parking plus a little gas). Then dinner at a decent place was at least $80-100. And depending on the season, we might walk and talk a little, and yes I sometimes made the classic first date mistake of going to a “show”, comedy, improv, or otherwise. But I *never* made the mistake of going to a movie for a first (or second or third) date.

My first date (well, first real date, not first time we met or hung out together with friends) with my wife was at El Gaucho in Tel Aviv and I probably spent NIS300 or so, and I got to eat my steak and 2/3 of her steak. Oh, and she informed me that she had been pretty much vegetarian for about a year and half until that evening. Thankfully, I cured her of that right away 🙂

• Joy February 8, 2009, 7:35 PM

I don’t know I guess the guys I went out with are pigs the most a guy ever offered me was a drink.I being the good girl ordered the cheapest.

By the way memeo to all the yeshivish guys out there from a yeshivish girl-

WE GIRLS HATE HOTEL LOUNGES!
    I would rather sit and talk in my drive way.Take me to a hotel and I feel like i will just fall asleep!

• The Law February 8, 2009, 7:53 PM

sometimes its not the money that makes the date not worth it. I remember one time i was taking a girl out and asked her what she liked to do (since i like to do stuff on a date not just have a job interview) and she was very non-committal when finally i threw out “how about the driving range” to which she replied “I love doing that its my favorite thing”. There i was thinking i may have just met the woman of my dreams, golf is her favorite thing. I just imagined walking the front 9 with her as we grew old together.

The whole car ride she was so excited and we talked about how great and fun it was going to be. until i pulled up at the range. all of a sudden she looked confused. he confusion worsened when i went to the truck and took out my clubs. “what are those for?”
    “for the driving range”
    “ummm, where are the cars?”
    “what cars?”
    “you know, to drive around the track.”
    “what are you talking about?”
    “i thought thats where we were going.”
    “you mean go-karts?”
    “yea”
    “seriously? go-karts? we just drove in a real car”
    “what is the place?”
    “its a driving range, as in hitting golf balls into the water, this is the place from ‘something about Mary'”
    “oh, ummm ok”
    “get back in the car”

I can imagine what i would have felt like if i had paid close to $400 on top of that!

• Ann February 8, 2009, 8:02 PM

I didn’t know golf courses are called the driving range. I would have thought the same thing.

That’s funny you both spent time talking about how much you loved the driving range but you were talking about two different things.

• Mikeinmidwood February 8, 2009, 8:10 PM

This story is just a little bit worse than most dates with brooklyn girls, yeah they take advantage.

• Mark February 8, 2009, 8:20 PM

They only take advantage if you let them. That’s why it is best to make definite plans and to stick with them. One of my best dates was Shakespeare in the Park.

• Anonymous February 8, 2009, 8:31 PM

idiot

• blindedbylove February 8, 2009, 8:36 PM

The first time I went out with my “man” I thought he was the cheapest thing ever. First, asks me to make the “arrangements” so I suggest a wine bar that I know serves kosher wine. We meet outside the bar and he announces he’d prefer coffee. I agree and take him to one of the best coffee houses in NYC (not Starbucks) he orders water. What sold me on him wasn’t the amount of money I knew he could splurge for a piece of meat, he wasn’t proving that that night. What sold me was his ability to hold a worth while, lengthy conversation. Good coffee talk (or whatever) trumpts prime cut any day.
    What makes me laugh hard is your mention of Yeshivish boys not being able to eat like a mensch. You hit on him perfectly once again. I love him, I do. I hold him very close to my heart but, I can’t stand to watch him eat. If he eats over my house, which is often. I’ll serve him and then try to disappear until I know he’s about done. If I do sit to eat with him I can’t do it with a straight face. All I see is (B’H) my love and our children feasting like ravenous wolves and my face contorts itself into a twisted smirk of fear and choked laughter. It’s not that I wouldn’t be able to live with it. I just don’t know how I would explain him to my father, who doesn’t touch anything edible unless it’s with a knife and fork. It could seriously be the deal breaker.

• Veebee February 8, 2009, 9:43 PM

blindedbylove – luckily for you, your “man’s” flaw is fixable. The next time he eats over at your house sit down with him and show him how to eat with manners.

• The Law February 8, 2009, 10:17 PM

Ann – not a golf course, a driving range.

• Smick X February 8, 2009, 10:52 PM

poor guy, tried being nice and did everything.
    he did overdo it, he was trying too hard. maybe thats what turned her off.
    but shes a cunt, and moreover, she wants to use him more after completely shattering him to pieces.
    i did at a certain point pick girls up in my ferrari but if thats what the girl is looking for she can go screw herself.
    be simple, ordinary, but charming.
    if things go well, a little surprise never hurts!

• blindedbylove February 8, 2009, 11:03 PM

veebee —
    My children I hope my guidance will lead them to have better table manners. As for the “man”, he’s his mothers problem for now. It took me over six months to get him to eat at my table. I’m not going to fix nothing that isn’t broke (’til it’s mine)

• dassi February 9, 2009, 12:20 AM

i always insist on splitting the cost of the date and it isn’t a feminist thing- i believe it to be courteous.

• Phil February 9, 2009, 12:27 AM

Anyone eating at a place that charges over $100 per person has got to be very rich or very crazy. I don’t think I ever spent more than $50 for a full day date, including movies, restaurants and subway.

Why do people always get stuck in the same money spending traps on dates? I had many dates simply walking on the mountain or beach, all it cost was parking or subway fare. Guess what? They were more fun than all the restaurants combined.

• jack February 9, 2009, 1:26 AM

I once took out a date to a restaurant called Box Tree in NYC, in 2004 (now closed) this place was the most magnificent restaurant I have ever been in, it was basically a town house with a few floors and you ate in a “dining room”, there were a lot of dining rooms, 3 waitors per table, and the food was superb, my date was in heaven and B”H we got engaged soon there after.

• Ann February 9, 2009, 1:33 AM

My ex-husband and I went to a fancy restaurant once, it was $160 total including the tip. The dishes the food was served in were weird shapes. But the food was very average and the portions were very small.

• Shmuly February 9, 2009, 1:33 AM

i dated a girl that i thought i dropped a huge wad on.

first date cost me about 100 bucks. second date cost me around 80. the third date, i was kind of tapped out, so i bought some stuff at the local trader joes and made dinner for her. that cost me about 15 bucks. she dumped me after that. word through the grapevine was that she thought i was being cheap once i figured out she liked me.

now, i don’t spend more than $50 on any date at all unless it’s something special and we’ve been dating for a while.

• ahuvah February 9, 2009, 3:47 AM

when i was young and didnt understand the concept of making money in order to spend it i had no problem going out and letting my date spend the big bucks.
    Now that I support myself I understand $ and would absolutely refuse to let him take me out somewhere that nice on a first date. Going out for a cup of coffee or a drink is the only acceptable type of first date in my book. Watching someone order a drink is quite telling about his/her personality.

• Chris_B February 9, 2009, 9:44 AM

I got this beat. When I was still earning low, I sold off some of my studio gear and got an advance on my year end bonus to buy an airplane ticket to Tokyo for a date. In the long run it was worth it since I married her, but I was poor like a dog for a while after that date.

• Mark February 9, 2009, 10:17 AM

Anyone eating at a place that charges over $100 per person has got to be very rich or very crazy. I dont think I ever spent more than $50 for a full day date, including movies, restaurants and subway.

Living and dating in New York City, especially in the cooler months makes it somewhat difficult (but not impossible) to plan those kinds of dates. One of my best dates was a trip to Bear Mountain in which we packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed it out in the middle of “nature”.

• Phil February 9, 2009, 10:29 AM

Mark,

Your talking to a Canadian here, your cold New York days are our warm winter days.

I went on many dates in NY city during the winter, we went to the beach in our down coats just to hang out on the boardwalk, strolled aorund times square, some days we even went to those cheap all day movies were you paid once and got to watch as many movies as you wanted. Great place for making out, everyone else in the theater was either black or homeless, never saw another Jew in those places, way cheaper than getting a motel. Funny enough, the pop corn they served had the Satmar hechsher.

• Batya February 9, 2009, 2:17 PM

Ok you only heard once side o the story. Ive been out on dates that I knew were not going anywhere and they absolutely insisted that we go to a fancy restuarant. Men like to show off that they have money. I do feel guilty going to these restaurants so I try to just order something not too expensive but if they insist what are we supposed to do? Some men dont mind spending the money cus at least they had a good time.

• Phil February 9, 2009, 2:36 PM

Batya,

How would the guy be having a good time if you didn’t even want to be there?

Call me a cheap s.o.b., the only time I ever went to fancy restaurants was when I had 2 for 1 coupons or someone else was paying.

Truth be told, I hate all reastaurants, I’ve gone a few times over the past decade, usually because I had no choice. I prefer home cooking, even if all I’m eating are peanut butter sandwiches.

The thought of overpaying for food cooked by some creep that just finished picking their nose or worse, is bad enough. Add the horror stories about food poisoning and waiters recycling leftovers from previous customers, you won’t catch me in one any time soon.

• Michal bas Avraham February 9, 2009, 3:36 PM

Actually Batya’s right. We’ve only heard the THIRD version of the story, Heshy’s. I chatted his roommate and he actually has a slightly different angle on the same facts. However, I still think she was gold digging.

As a woman, I have met these girls who tell me how I have to learn from them “how to do it” meaning how to hose men for money and goods. I choose not to behave this way. They know what they’re doing.

• The Roomie February 9, 2009, 5:14 PM

ok I do not think she was a gold digger, though i can tell you that she was self centered and only cared about herself. As for the different worlds she grew up Hassidish, her whole family is etc etc. She was also knockout . We both had a lot in common we were both divorced, Special Ed teachers , etc etc. She was also the first SYAS date I really liked. I date what seems like to heshy a great deal, but in reality maybe ones to 2 times a month.

• Anon February 9, 2009, 5:54 PM

I got conned out of say $250 + another $30 for a first date- and boy did i learn my lesson- i spoke a girl from out of town- a bunch of times on the phone and it sounded like we were perfect for each other- i knew what she looked like and she was very attractive- I payed for a flight and went down for the weekend- about 3 days. I think i spent $150 on the weekend- i dont know if i even got a thank you- and i got dumped right after and i arrived back in NY.

• Mark February 9, 2009, 5:59 PM

Michal – As a woman, I have met these girls who tell me how I have to learn from them how to do it meaning how to hose men for money and goods. I choose not to behave this way. They know what theyre doing.

There are plenty of girls like this (and years ago I thought that I dated too many of them), but this is different than a “gold digger”. There are “take advantage-ers”. A gold digger is looking for a well off guy that will take care of them, during dating and during marriage. A take advantage-er is looking for some good dinners, some good shows, and maybe a good gift or two, and almost never truly considers any of those guys to be marriage material. Sure things sometimes change, but the chances of that happening get lower and lower as she takes more and more advantage. It also often goes the other way around if a man takes advantage of a woman.

Roomie – I date what seems like to Heshy a great deal, but in reality maybe ones to 2 times a month.

Are you telling us that Heshy doesn’t date very that much? 🙂 Are there enough single women in Dallas in the first place?

• The Roomie February 9, 2009, 6:21 PM

Heshy I think has been out a few times, not sure . As for Dallas ummm in my age bracket i can count them on the hands(the frum ones) hence i blow 400+ in NYC

• PartyJew February 9, 2009, 8:36 PM

All this talk about what is and is not appropriate on a date in terms of expenses is really ridiculous. Each person has a standard that works for them. Not everyone has a problem with spending $100 or more on a meal. It may work for you to never eat out, but other people get pleasure out of it. Some people appreciate wine, some people food, some people cars, etc. Do not judge other peoples expenses based on what you think is enjoyable. I think that in general, the person paying should pick the venue and determine the entertainment. However, once the person paying has picked a place, the other party shouldn’t feel the need to pick the cheapest thing on the menu. The five-ten dollars you are going to save him does not mean much in the long run.

• Ann February 10, 2009, 3:12 AM

The Law – I was super excited to play miniature golf for the first time and then I found out its a lot of walking in circles and craning your neck and making slight taps. I think I’d like the driving range better. Golf should be like baseball at ground level.

• A. Nuran February 10, 2009, 4:07 PM

$450!?!?!?!

For that we could buy a pistol, go to the range, burn off a couple hundred rounds and still have falafel and dessert afterwards.

We’d probably have a lot more fun, too.

• Becky February 11, 2009, 4:46 PM

WOW. that girl should be ashamed. $400 is nuts. Even if she was super beautiful and totally interested at him, she is either a total gold digger OR REALLY REALLY BAD AT MATH! However, my fiance wants to take me out tonight and I was gonna decline cos money has been tight for him, but I think I’ll let him spend 30 bucks on me cos now I dont feel half bad!

• chevramaidel February 13, 2009, 12:48 AM

I came to this post because I knew I wouldn’t run into anyone I ever went out with here.

• chevramaidel February 13, 2009, 12:50 AM

Just read the one with the shooting range. Now that sounds like a date I would enjoy!

• A. Nuran February 13, 2009, 4:26 AM

Shooting is a lot of fun. I was married by the time I took up the sport. Friends tell me it’s a great date.

You get to make lots of noise.

You get to do something a little out of the ordinary. For a lot of people – including most Jews – it’s something completely new.

Even though shooting is incredibly safe there’s that little suggestion of danger which stimulates production of those important neurotransmitters.

It’s something that girls and boys can do on completely equal terms.

If you’re frum you’ll confuse the hell out of most of the people at the range. Confusion is good.

• Rivka with a capital A February 17, 2009, 4:48 AM

I cannot imagine spending that kind of money on any date!! I’m married for 15 years, and we don’t spend even half of that for anniversaries or major dinners (We did spend close to that when we went to a hotel for our 10th anniversary, but that was extraordinary!)

In this case, both parties bear responsibility for the outrageous cost of this date. Clearly, the woman should have been more respectful of your friend’s expenses, especialy once she realized that she was not interested. However, your friend should not have offered to pay for more than he could afford. He should have gently suggested that either they choose a less expensive option or perhaps split the bill.

Honesty is at the core of any good relationship.

Extravagant spending is a lifestyle. Men of modest means should not be dating women who live like that. And women who expect to live like that should not be dating men of modest means.

If anything, when you are dating you have more “disposable income.” Once you get married, living becomes a lot more expensive!!

So, date within your budget (unless you want to spend the rest of your life living beyond your means…)

• A. Nuran February 17, 2009, 4:51 AM

Oh, yes…

Most ranges have well-maintained, well-cleaned firearms for rent for a few bucks – like $5 or $10

• Joel February 23, 2009, 3:15 PM

Why women ask for the most expensive thing at the movie theatre. I took a skiiny chick to watch TCC of Benjamin Button. this chick called for a large popcorn, lg drink, One hot dog, one pk gummy bear and and nachos and cheese. Would you go out with her again?

• Double M April 5, 2009, 1:39 AM

Every time I run to NYC I calculated that I spend about $300 in gas tolls increased car insurance to cover the mileage and the maintenance/ware and tare on the car. Forget the date itself. Its really expense to get to NYC. After getting a few yea sure followed by a no next I refuse to do go up there for a first.