Do you have frummy motzei shabbos sydrome?

I have always wondered why all frummies did on Saturday nights was eat pizza?

I have always wondered why me and my friends would hang around for hours debating what to do like a bunch of friends arguing at Blockbuster and finally everyone would agree on pizza. What on earth were we thinking?

Turns out that DR’s have recently discovered a new psychological disorder and have added it to the DSM.

FMSS- or frummy motzei shabbos syndrome (coined by Jacob Da Jew- who found himself on another boring pizza filled saturday night in Brooklyn) is sort of like Tesacs, seems like Ashkenzic Jews in large coastal cities seem most affected.

Do you have FMSS?

• D October 28, 2008, 4:24 PM

On his radio show, Howard Stern revealed that people arent voting for Obama based on the issues. He sent an interviewer to Harlem to question voters as to how they felt about certain Obama views- only the interviewer substituted McCain’s views, asking questions like: “Do you support Obama’s choice of Sarah Palin to be his VP?” and “Are you more for Obama’s policy because he’s pro-life or because he thinks our troops should stay in Iraq and finish this war?” The voters emphatically agreed with “Obama’s” platform- not realizing that they were in fact agreeing to his opponent’s platform.

Watch the video clip on Hamercaz.com: http://hamercaz.com/hamercaz/site/mfile.php?id=3537

• Klemmy October 28, 2008, 4:36 PM

I’m going to give the simplest answer at least for Brooklyn residents, there isn’t anything else to freaken do. There I said it for everyone in denial. Why people in Baltimore or Kansas get pizza saturday nights I wouldn’t know.

• Frum Satire October 28, 2008, 4:48 PM

D what does that have to do with anything?

Klemmy- you are right

• m00kie October 28, 2008, 5:50 PM

if theres nothing else to do in nyc.. can you imagine what it’s like for the rest of us?

at least you guys have a choice of pizza – we just have one pizza place!

• RMS October 28, 2008, 6:17 PM

better then here….we have nada. We want to go out after shabbos, its a 2 hour drive in each direction to the closest palce…..

• Frum Satire October 28, 2008, 6:24 PM

When I lived in places without pizza my saturday nights were so much better.

• Phil October 28, 2008, 8:48 PM

People here do the same, not sue why. After all the beer at Shabbos lunch, I usualy can’t eat until Sunday morning.
    As I usually nap on Shabbos afternoon, I’m up late after Shabbos, my TV night. It’s the once a week I hog the TV , usually we get Boxing after dark and UFC fights then. They are about all I ever watch on TV, the regular drama/sitcom/soap programming my wife watches all week is way to boring for me.

• Phil October 28, 2008, 9:04 PM

D:

Funny clip, just goes to show how some shvartzes will vote for Obama just because he’s black, then when whites for for McCain because he’s white they’re called racists. If only we Jews stuck together more often…

Glad the campaign will be over in a few days, I’m fed up hearing about it non stop.

• s(b.) October 28, 2008, 9:45 PM

who can do better than name-calling & objectifying? You can, Phil, if you choose to. I know you can do better than that.

• Frum Satire October 28, 2008, 10:54 PM

Phil I refuse to beleive that Montreal has nothing better to do- its such a cool city.

• Batya October 28, 2008, 11:29 PM

After checking the stars and clock, I just turn on my computer. That’s probably because I left the singles scene decades ago.

• Rivky October 29, 2008, 7:32 AM

In Golders Green, we aren’t exactly spoiled for choice. There’s Slice in the ghetto section of GG (boarded up buildings, basically as you’re going out from the high street area)… and nothing else. It’s packed most of the time, so trying to get a sit down table is next to impossible. I grew up in Toronto – a bit more choice, but nothing like the pizza utopia that is Brooklyn. 😛

• Phil October 29, 2008, 8:02 AM

SB:

I wasn’t calling anybody names. Shvartzes means blacks in Yiddish. I refuse to use some “politically correct” term like “African American”, which most of them are not. Furthermore, my wife is an African American and she’s white.

Hesh:

Montreal has plenty of great things to do, but when you’re talking frummies, pizza shop is the main event.

Ps. Are you coming to town any time soon?

• Frum Satire October 29, 2008, 4:07 PM

Definitely not Phil, I am moving out of Monsey to a place very far away for at least a few months.

• Phil October 29, 2008, 8:00 PM

Where you off to this time?

• Batya October 29, 2008, 10:31 PM

Hesh, very far, maybe my neck of the woods?

• Frum Satire October 29, 2008, 10:49 PM

Batya that is the goal by the end of next year- but no not your neck of the woods. I think I may keep it a secret just to keep people in suspense and so I could write about it without offending much

• Batya October 29, 2008, 11:21 PM

Well, Hesh, you know my address.
    If it’s a secret, why is the reply on the blog?

• Chris_B October 30, 2008, 5:23 AM

s(b.) and now we know why the internet saying “dont feed the troll” exists.