Are you pissed that some events have mixed seating?

Then you can bring tear gas and stab someone…

Vos is Neias reports that a man in Israel showed up at a birthday party of a three year old armed with tear gas and stabbed someone because he was bothered by the mixed seating. I can just imagine what would happen at a yeshiva prom.

So what now, the tznius police have gone underground and splinter forces are popping up in random places ;like Meron. I highly doubt that Shimon Bar Yochai would approve, although I am sure he probably went mad from sitting in the cave, he probably didn’t start stabbing people for dressing untznius or attending events with mixed seating.

What is the world coming to, when men start stabbing people over tznius or mixed seating?

Doesn’t murder receive a much worse punishment then untznius which is completely subjective anyway. I am shocked as you should be.

Whats next?

Man brings shotgun to store selling TV’s because frum people walked by…

Women stabs man with challah knife for looking into the women’s section during a shalom zachor

Yeshiva guy strangles man with washing cup chain for wearing blue shirt to shul

Mashgiach kills non-Jewish workers for requesting that brocolli be served, claims that the work involved made him crazy

Man goes on rampage with steam roller because women should not drive

Shul burned by angry mob because its mechitza was removable

Grafiti saying “30 tefuchim is not enough” spraypainted on upper west side shul

Man brings shotgun to singles event because he says its either the shotgun or the shadchun

Ok that last one may have been a little over the edge.

• Batya October 28, 2008, 11:26 PM

It should be banned on the busses, separate seating, that is. You only need it in shuls and pools.
    A little mixing in cultural and social events would be better than some rediculous conversations….

• eve October 28, 2008, 11:57 PM

I hear that stabbings lead to mixed seating… at the funerals.

• Rafi October 29, 2008, 2:15 AM

Unfortunately your satire here is already with us. Here in Israel we have single sex buses, sidewalks, shops in the Hareidi neighborhood next door to where I live…..

• Mikeinmidwood October 29, 2008, 6:15 AM

I know one kid whos going off the D. Imagine if your birthday got ruined by a nut with a knife.

• Left Brooklyn and never looked back October 29, 2008, 7:39 AM

The answer is burkas (however you spell it). Men have gotten so weak that they can not control their yetza hara so the women must be protected. The tznius police have a roll, just look at the Taliban or Saudi Arabia!

• Crawling Axe October 29, 2008, 9:14 AM

>I hear that stabbings lead to mixed seating at the funerals.

Well, mixed seating at funerals makes sense. Sex is one of the best cures against depression.

>Chossid guns down mehadrin bus driver for asllowing women to sit in front, then shoots all women in ten block radius.

Actually, a better one is a chossid running into a barbershop and attacking beard- and peyos-shavers.

But seriously, obviously, the guy is a nutcase. Tznius is no more responsible for this then computer games are responsible for violence. What is responsible for this is lack of ahavas yisroel in some frum communities towards outsiders which is a proof that in these communities, frumkeit is a way to keep community together, not a connection to G-d (otherwise, they would realize the importance of ahavas yisroel).

• tesyaa October 29, 2008, 9:58 AM

Shoot anyone who suggests that Avraham Avinu didn’t learn in Lakewood

• Moshe October 29, 2008, 11:38 AM

Have everyone fitted with shock collars that tznius police can activate by remote if they see the person doing something inappropriate.
    Any attempts at tampering or removal will result in an explosion.

• Phil October 29, 2008, 3:05 PM

That story is very hard to belive, I wonder if it’s actually true. If ti is true, why would he stab another guy, shouldn’y he have stabbed to women instead?

Here is another few for your list:

Man slices other mans penis in mikva, judging his bris wasn’t kosher enough.

Other man gets jailed for shoving lulav up one’s tuchus for farting on front of him during hoshanos.

Yechi dude reprimanded for beating innocent bystander not wearing yechi kippa in 770.

Yeshivish guy batters wife after she attempted to surprise him with dafina instead of chulent.

Chassidic woman runs down Rabbi for banning women in cars.

Ultra orthodox man in prison for bashing a kids teeth for eating a lolypop without a badatz or CRC hechsher.

etc…

• Moshe October 29, 2008, 3:11 PM

Can’t stab the women because of shomer negiah, duh.

• dys October 29, 2008, 3:12 PM

That gives me an idea – how about a pool shul? Shmoneh esrei might be hard to do while treading water, though.

• dys October 29, 2008, 3:13 PM

The answer is burkas (however you spell it).

The answer is borekas. Potato filled, yum.

• Phil October 29, 2008, 3:28 PM

Moshe,

Stabbing a woman isn’t assur under shomer negiah provided the knife is over 3 tefachim.

Anything under would be partial shomer hegiah, kind of like using a condom (latex isn’t mekabel tumah).

• Moshe October 29, 2008, 3:39 PM

True, but, a righteous person will refrain from using a knife even when over 3 tefachim because of maras ayin. Also, if he uses a knife over 3 tefachim, he may, chas veshalom, end up using a shorter knife when a long knife is not available.

• shua October 29, 2008, 3:51 PM

i love how he tried to escape “by bus.”

• Future Druggie October 29, 2008, 4:18 PM

Who is to say that the attacker was not mentally ill?

• Frum Satire October 29, 2008, 4:29 PM

You are correct future druggie

But what about those guys that beat that old women who sat in the front of a mehadrin bus. Or all the other bleachings, stonings or other terrible things that transpire because not everyone holds from the Charedim

• m00kie October 29, 2008, 5:27 PM

FS one has nothing to do with the other. just cuz he used religion as a pretext doent put him in the same category as them. he’s obviously mentally ill, and they are obviously ignorant, control freaks and wrong

Phil, no man in his right mind would beat his wife over moroccan food!! but i wouldnt want to be there when a sfardi man gets surprised by his wife attempting to serve him gefilte fish…

• Moshe October 29, 2008, 5:31 PM

I find ashkenaz food disgusting and I’m Russian. Dafina and fried fish for us. On holidays, when I’m cooking for 4-6 meals with guests, AB salmon gefilte fish baked in tomato sauce, and that’s the only time.

• Crawling Axe October 29, 2008, 7:18 PM

>I find ashkenaz food disgusting and Im Russian.

Well, theres your problem. If you werent Russian but was Jewish, maybe youd find it appealing.

• Phil October 29, 2008, 8:13 PM

Coming from mixed marriage (vuzvuz mom/couscous dad), I got the best of both worlds, but overall Tunisian food kills Hungarian food by far. Funny enough, Tunisians are known as the most finicky about their food when it comes to Sephardim, Hungarians are the equivalent when it comes to Ashkenazim.
    You can only imagine the terrible time I had adapting to Russian / Polish style Jewish food when I lived in a dorm. Hosts always thought there was somthing wrong with their gefilte fish, I used to smother it in chrein, cut it up to make it look like I was interested, but couldn’t force myself to eat it even when drunk. Up to this day, I hardly ever accept invitations to eat out for Shabbos, I live in a Lubavitch neighborhood where tasteless food is pretty much what most eat.

Moshe,

I’ll have to conceed that you win the 3 tefachim knife arguments with the maras ayin thing.

• Batya October 29, 2008, 10:29 PM

Obviously the guy has too many screws loose.

The Chareidi world blurs lines and doesn’t distinguish between Aseret Dibrot, mitzvot, halachot, minhagim and chumrot. So the think that ss is more serious than murder or physically harming another.

• Shua October 30, 2008, 8:29 AM

even if the guy was “ill,” he got the idea from somewhere. there’s a continuum of sanity in all societies, and when you preach you’re preaching to all of it.

• Ben-Yehudah October 30, 2008, 3:25 PM

B”H

I’m not pissed, just annoyed at all of the flack I get for innocently asking if an event is mixed or not.

I’m either “oppressive,” “primitive,” or a “closet case.”

If someone is going to a show which includes inuendo or a movie with questionable content, then I thinks difficult to justify separate seating.

However, at the very minimum, social events which include alcohol and dancing, I

I don’t care how all the MO’s so easily “paskin this away….”

Shabbat dinners? Something to think about….

{OK. The cat’s out of the bag. Everyone knows the real reason I didn’t go to the bloggers’ conference…that, and I had to work.}

I’ll address the appropriateness of mixing it up amongst the genders period another time.

Batya, I completely disagree. I would love to see our Eged no. 148 have separate seating. Remember my theory? Separate seating isn’t for Haredim and Harda”lniks. It’s for everyone else.

Don’t worry. It’ll never happen.

• Frum Satire October 30, 2008, 4:30 PM

Separate seating on Israeli buses is such a good idea because my neck hurts from always looking around at all the hotties. Cage em all up in one place and its all good for my neck pains.

• Heterim are for Hippies October 30, 2008, 10:04 PM

At least they’re really passionate about something jewish. It may not (read: is not) the best way of expressing it, maybe, but it (usually) beats apathy.

• Yochanan October 31, 2008, 3:19 PM

Can’t blame him. Women who go to 3 year olds’ birthday parties are such skanks.

• chutznikit November 1, 2008, 1:28 PM

“Man goes on rampage with steam roller because women should not drive”

Scary, I hope he doesn’t come after me when he reads my last post..

Although truth is still haven’t got my license, just warn guys on dates that I plan to.
    (Course prob with that is when you go out with the same guy a yr later, and he asks u if u’ve got ur license yet, like u swore to on the last round of dates..)

• Frum Satire November 1, 2008, 7:05 PM

Yes Heterim it is hard to find passionate Jews

• Oiver Butle November 11, 2008, 2:05 AM

I am so happy I am off the derech. I look at the peasants in Monsey, Boro Park, Meah Shearim, etc. and I cringe to think I was once part of that small minded world. Thank g-d for shining the light down on me and making me realize that the falshkeit practiced today is not a fraction of what Hashem gave us the Torah for. Yes, I believe in Hashem, Yes I believe in Halacha Moshe Mi’Sinai! The rest of it? Well lets just say fact and fiction is so hard to distinguish at this point Orthodox Judaism has become a carricture of itself, at best. The clowns who pretend to be “Rabbonim” nowadays inspire nothing in me except disgust at best and laughter at worst. While the rest of you struggled mired in your guilt ridden angst like charecters in a bad Woody Allen flick, I’ll continue casually checking blogs like this just to confirm that I am better off without you.

• daintysplendor December 2, 2008, 3:20 PM

Great News!
    At the latest conference of European rabbis rav Moshe Shapiro shlita announced that it is now allowed for a female speaker to lecture for a mixed audience at a kiruv event!!!

• Frum Satire December 2, 2008, 7:35 PM

Wow Daintysplendor- and why would it not be allowed? I have been to plenty of speeches given by women.

Oh it has to be kiruv eh?

• daintysplendor December 3, 2008, 2:54 AM

“I have been to plenty of speeches given by women. ”
    True, but i guess now it’s official and now it probably also counts for an Orthodox rebetzen, not only a NCSY counselor girl.

• Frum Satire December 3, 2008, 12:32 PM

Sounds good to me

• Gefilte Fish February 17, 2012, 9:49 AM

Actually reb shimon bar yochai burned a man alive after coming out of the cave and seeing the man working! after so many years immersed in torah he couldn’t understand how a man can do such earthly things such as working. Just imagine what he would do had he seen an untznius woman.
    But for some reason I don’t think they measured tznius then in the same way as today.

• Dan February 17, 2012, 10:21 AM

For some reason? Tell us, for what reason do you think that. Tell us precisely.

Maybe you’ve read historical material from those times? Oh, you haven’t, you’re just making it up. Oh.
      Well, I have read a lot of literature from those times. I’ll tell you what it says.

It says that a man who teaches small children is naturally suspect, since he meets the mothers when they come to pick up the children. Sounds like meah sheorim style tznius to me.

It says that a man should not “speak a lot with women.” And it explains it is talking about his own wife! Imagine that!

It says a man who looks at the small finger of a woman, and does so for sxual gratification, is as if he looked at her gnitals. Hmmm. Small finger, that’s hot. Real hot.

It says that if a man purposely chooses to go by the waterfront where women wash laundry, he is a rasha. A rasha! Just for walking by where the women are washing clothes and probably roll up their sleeves, or maybe you can get a quick glimpse of upper leg. And not even for looking, just for going!

So why don’t you tell us where you are getting your ideas from?