Frumster Bloopers

So I am back on Frumster and after about 2 hours of browsing profiles I decided once again that I had seen all the profiles and they all suck. But this is not another frumster rant- which will be posted next week sometime. This is about something really funny that happened this week.

I guess I wrote that I dry humor in my profile, so this girl sent me a message this week that told me to check out this you tube video which would be right up my alley according to my profile. Low and behold, it was one of my videos. I thought she was joking so I sent her the following message.

“I hope you knew that video was of me, because if not, you can congratulate yourself upon making it into my blog”

She asked me not to place her here- but no one will ever know who she was and I couldn’t resist.

It just goes to show how much different people look in their frumster pictures then in real life!!! Nah, I just had my long shaggy hair and a semi-prepubescent beard.

• A23 September 26, 2008, 12:38 PM

This is how you know you’ve made it.

• Future Druggie September 26, 2008, 12:41 PM

Why is it that no Yeshivish/Black Hat females post their pics on Frumster? Are they afraid of the Mafia or something?

• s(b.) September 26, 2008, 1:25 PM

no, they’re afraid of the tznius police. (half-kidding)

• Frum Satire September 26, 2008, 4:54 PM

Future Druggie: There are many reasons, #1 as was discussed in the overweight girl article- they don’t want tobe judged by their looks- completely insane but they have been taught how beautiful they are regardless of the huge muffin top and increased risk of cancer and heart attack

#2 how many hot yeshivish black hat girls are still single by age 21???

• yakidy yak September 27, 2008, 1:16 PM

I don’t know of any yeshivish girls who wear black hats. that seems to be more of a new trend with young slutty teens. =’P

• Batya September 27, 2008, 4:12 PM

It seems like a crazy way to meet people, internet. email order brides, virtual marriage, nu? Is that the way things are now? Photoshop your partner with special glasses?

My husband and I met on TishaB’av fasting for Soviet Jewry.

and I hate hearing gut/good shabbos in Israel.

• Sarah October 2, 2008, 1:55 PM

I haven’t looked at your blog in a while but I’m bored at work and your facebook link compelled me to take a look…
    That Frumster thing is sooo funny. Really. That just reiterates to me how annoying online dating is (frumster, SYAS etc). People never tell the whole truth about anything, as I’m sure you know.

• Frum Satire October 2, 2008, 2:27 PM

I am not that sure you are correct- I am all truthful on my profile and hence it scares people away- perfect weeding tool

• Leah October 5, 2008, 11:35 AM

Why aren’t you paying attention to your date Mister?